Some of our blog favorites and a video worth watching
It’s a busy time of the year. You’ve got unread emails, too many open web browser tabs, and a to do list that makes you shudder.
So instead of a long blog post about SEO best practices or how to create a 2021 SEO and digital marketing plan, we’ve got a different type of blog for you.
Here is a list of seven blogs that stood out for us in 2020 – blogs that contain useful advice about SEO, search, content, and Google:
- Updating Content for SEO: How to Teach Your Old Blog New Tricks: it’s no secret that updating old blogs posts is a very effective SEO strategy. Learn how to identify blogs that need updating and how to update them for better SEO and higher rankings.
- 29 Ways to Improve Your Writing Skills and Escape Content Mediocrity: writing doesn’t need to be hard. Writing is a skill, the more you practice it, the better you get. Learn 29 ways to expand your writing muscle and write content that delivers.
- The Definitive Guide to On-Page SEO: this is a long one, but it’s a good one. The team at Backlinko has updated their on-page SEO guide for 2021. Bookmark this and make time to read it and ask us your questions about SEO.
- Web Content Best Practices: Our 22-Point Checklist for Publishing High-Performance Articles: read this blog, share it with your colleagues, print out the checklist, and refer to it every time you write a blog post.
- How to Create Effective RSAs (Responsive Search Ads) in Google Ads: you need your ads to get clicks and conversions. This blog explains how to write effective responsive search ads that can compete with expanded text ads.
- Google Limits Search Query Reporting: Impacts and Reactions: updates from Google are not always well received and the recent changes to the search terms report created a lot of buzz. This blog digs into the search term report updates and how this impacts advertisers and search marketers.
- SEO Wireframe Design Playbook: SEO is about more than keywords and headlines, technical SEO design must be an important part of your SEO strategy. This detailed SEO wireframe design guide is an excellent resource on how to optimize SEO design techniques.
It’s not often I share videos but this latest from Google is a must-watch and a share. It’s short but it sure does put everything in perspective: Google – Year in Search 2020.
Here’s to an excellent end to 2020 and a fantastic start to 2021! Thank you for the great year.
About the author
Jane Phelps is the CEO/Partner at Know Agency. Jane leads client SEO strategy and handles all aspects of in-house SEO demands. This includes providing SEO training, competitive analysis, keyword research, algorithm analysis, and the review of all new content to ensure SEO best-practices are followed. Jane holds a Master’s Certificate in Online Marketing from the University of San Francisco, is BrightEdge Certified.